Why is My Car Leaking Water?
Drivers in the Los Angeles area often come to us wondering, “Why is water leaking from under car?” Luckily, a car leaking water isn’t a huge red flag under most circumstances, as long as you’re absolutely sure that it’s water and water alone. Cars create condensation as they run. You might notice water near the back of the engine when your air conditioner is running or water near the tailpipe from exhaust condensation. But, if you’re new Bentley is leaking a fluid that isn’t water, it can be the result of something more serious.
Car Fluids by Color
Before you breathe a sigh of relief, it’s important to troubleshoot your issue. We recommend sliding a piece of paper under the source of the fluid leak and taking a look at the color. If the fluid isn’t clear and colorless, use this guide to find the source of the leak:
- Red: Transmission Fluid, Power Steering Fluid
- Orange: Transmission Fluid, Radiator Coolant
- Yellow: Radiator Coolant
- Green: Antifreeze from Water Pump, Hoses, or Radiator
- Blue: Windshield Wiper Fluid
- Dark Brown: Brake Fluid, Older Engine Oil
- Light Brown: Newer Engine Oil, Gear Lubricant
- Pink: Power Steering Fluid, Transmission Fluid
What Are the Causes of a Car Leaking Water?
Let’s say you’ve driven through Arcadia without issue You’ve completed the paper test, and have decided that the fluid is definitely water, but you’re still worried. Run through the following steps to locate the cause of your car leaking water:
- Exhaust: Do you notice a great deal of water coming from the exhaust? You may have a blown gasket. If you notice white smoke from your exhaust pipe, schedule your service!
- Coolant: If your car is burning coolant, your exhaust pipe might leak more water than normal. Double-check your coolant levels to see if they’re unusually low.
- Wiper Fluid: Do you notice fluid leaks by the front tires? You may have a cracked windshield wiper fluid reservoir. When water freezes in the reservoir, it can cause the material to expand and crack.
If water is leaking into your vehicle, it’s likely that you missed the notification for a Bentley recall. Find out if we can eliminate the issue free-of-charge.
Get a Certified Inspection at Bentley Pasadena
When it comes to your vehicle, it’s best to play it safe! Whether you’d like an inspection or a brand-new Bentley, Bentley Pasadena is here to help. We’re located in Pasadena, near neighboring Glendale, so don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. Want more service tips and tricks? Find out how often should you rotate your tires or learn the signs that you’re due for vehicle alignment.